20 Quotes to inspire and motivate you to write
Writer needs lots of inspiration and motivation. I myself struggle finding motivation and inspiration sometimes. One of the many tricks I do whenever I encounter writer’s block, demotivation and lack of inspiration is reading quotes from book I own and some quotes I’ve found online. It can be about writing, happiness, friendship etc.
During my younger years, my teens to be exact, I kept a small journal and search for a quote a day in books, newspapers and in the internet. Write it in my journal, reflect, explain and expand the quotes whenever an essay, a poem and a story. (It’s something I should find time doing again since it boosted my creativity before).
Here are some of my collected quotes to remind and motivate you on why you are writing.
- “The role of a writer is not to say what we can all say, but what we are unable to say.”-Anais Nin
- “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”- Ernest Hemingway
- “Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.”- Barbara Kingsolver
- “To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it’s about, but inner music the words make.”-Truman Capote
- “The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.”- Tom Clancy
- “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you”- Oscar Wilde
- “You don’t write because you want something. You write because you have something to say.”-F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The keyword is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.”- Ray Bradbury
- “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing.- Benjamin Franklin”
- “I write to understand as much as to be understood”- Ellie Wiesel
- “A person who can write a long letter with ease, cannot write ill.”-Jane Austen
- “If you wish to be a writer, write.”-Epictetus
- “I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It’s simple.”-Paul McCartney
- “I write from my soul. This is the reason that critics don’t hurt me, because it is me. If it was not me, if I was pretending to be someone else, then this could unbalance my world, but I know who I am.”-Paulo Coelho
- “Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable”-Francis Bacon
- “I’m a writer, and I will write what I want to write”-J.K. Rowling
- “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working”-Pablo Picasso
- “Whether or not you write well, write bravely.”-Bill Stout
- “Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.”-E.L. Doctorow
- “You fail only if you stop writing”- Ray Bradbury.
Hope these quotes have helped you as much as it helped me. Tune in for more articles and tips in the following weeks. Comment below what you think of this post, we’d love to know what you think.
Incoming search terms:
- 20 quotes to inspire you this february
- how can i writer a letter to motivate a teen that god is alive
- inspirational quotes inspirational quotes
- inspiring a writer to write
- inspiring teens to write
- motivation be tenacious